At the beginning of the day, we always have our own morning routine. What that includes is breakfast and that is not complete for most people without a hot cup of coffee. Coffee is a drink made from roasted seeds of the coffee plant. These are harvested from the berries of the plant, and are processed to get the seeds. The seeds in turn are ground and then brewed to make coffee.
A cup of coffee will get someone to wake up their nerves to prepare for the long day ahead. Making the ideal coffee may be difficult. Instant coffee, where you just need to mix in the coffee with hot water, may not suit the taste of most, so some will invest on a coffee maker. Coffee makers will come in different styles and sizes, but most of them can become bulky. Under the counter coffee makers can be the great choice in choosing the coffee maker that you will need. There are several advantages that you can get with this type of coffee maker:
- These can be mounted under cabinets, so that the kitchen counter-top can be free for you to place other things. You can then prepare food while waiting for the coffee to get prepared without knocking into the coffee maker.
- A timer can be set with the coffee maker so that you can leave the device on its own and it will have your coffee prepared by the time you will need it. It will also switch off on its own once your coffee is prepared
- They will have a “sneak-a-cup” feature, where you can get a cup of coffee even while the coffee maker is preparing it. All you’ll need to do is press a button to pause the coffee maker and you can then get a quick cup from it.
- These coffee makers will also allow you to plug another electrical appliance into to it; it saves space to where you will need to plug other appliances.
- Variety of sizes, they may be small, but they will have a large capacity and can make coffee for up to 12 cups.
- Cleaning the coffee maker is also easy because of the detachable water reservoir that comes with it.
Top 3 Under The Counter Coffee Makers
Looking for the best under the counter coffee maker may not be that hard. There are a lot of coffee maker manufacturers that makes such a device since they also see the demand for it.
One such manufacturer is Black & Decker. Black & Decker under the counter coffee makers are popular since they are already a known brand for kitchen appliances. The Black & Decker SDC850 SpaceMaker 8-Cup Coffeemaker with Thermal Carafe is one of their latest coffee makers. It saves space, and it is known to give back 63% of the kitchen counter space for you to use with other things. Its other features are:
- Its thermal carafe can serve up to 8 cups of coffee.
- It also has a removable water reservoir and brew basket.
- It has a programmable clock, and you can set a delay brew for your morning coffee. The digital control panel is also easy to use and features a blue back light so it can be viewed easily.
- A freshness indicator is also present so you’ll know if your coffee is ready, and the brew-pause function can be used for a quick “sneak-a-cup.”
- Easy to install, and it also has the Save-a-Plug feature. It also has a storage for its power cord.
- It only measures 12 3/5 inches x 10 2/7 inches x 15 ½ inches.
There are also other under counter coffee makers to choose from. The Brewmatic Built-In Coffee Maker is another coffee maker suitable for home use, and this one is built for those that are on-the-go. Freshly-made coffee is available at a push of a button. Its features are:
- Its brewer is open for any container, so you can brew your coffee directly to it; it is ideal for those who use a travel mug for on-the-go coffee. You can also brew your coffee directly to even a single cup.
- A separate water line is also provided, so you can use this to get you hot water. This will be perfect for those who do not like coffee as much and prefers tea.
- It includes a digital clock, programmable volume buttons and an automatic brew time.
- It also comes with its own 64 ounce stainless steel carafe.
- It measures at 7 inches high x 13 inches wide x 7.5 inches long.
If you are looking for another space-saving coffee maker, you may also try looking at the Cuisinart DCC-1100 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. This coffee maker only looks small, but it packs a lot of features that coffee lovers will be able to take advantage of. It will fit on your counter and it will not take up a lot of space. Its features are:
- Its carafe can hold coffee for up to 12 cups, and it has an ergonomic design. Its handle also has a guard over the glass so you won’t burn your hand on it if you accidentally touch it.
- It has a 24-hour programmability feature, and it can also be programmed to brew coffee for 1 to 4 cups only. It also has a brew pause feature for those who want to get a cup of coffee while it is still in the brewing process.
- It features a permanent gold tone coffee filter, but you can still use a paper coffee filter if you prefer that.
- The water reservoir is easily accessible by lifting the cover on top.
- It has a ready tone to tell you if the coffee is done, and it also has power loss backup system; it can still keep going for one whole minute during a power outage while it is brewing. It also has cord storage for its power cord.
If you are addicted to coffee, or if you are the kind of person who can’t start the day without a cup of coffee, these coffee makers will be the best choice for you. Easy to use, quick to brew coffee and easy to clean up afterwards, for someone that is on-the-go, any of these will be ideal for you.